Monday, November 16, 2009

Impromptu Photo Shoot

When I was a baby, my parents had this picture taken of me:


And for some reason, when Abby was a baby, I got it into my head that I wanted her to have her picture made like that. Well, I kept putting it off and putting it off, so we ended up quickly having her picture made at this little place in the mall. It looks really weird because I had to take a picture of it and import it - we don't have a digital copy of it or a scanner!


Anyway, on Saturday morning Garner was just waking up from his nap and Abby and I went into his room to get him. (It's so cute - when she hears him, she gets excited and says, "Hey, my brother awake! Come on Mama!") He woke up in a really good mood and he was excited to see us! Abby always wants to get in his crib with him. For his first several months of life, I did not allow this. But...every once in a while these days I will let her get in for a few minutes when I am in there with them. I don't even remember what they were doing that was so cute, but something prompted me to get the camera and take a picture of them.


Somehow the idea to try and take Garner picture like ours popped into my head. So, I quickly got the boppy and pulled some things out of my closet and threw them together and came up with this...


I actually think it turned out okay! And it is nearly impossible to tell that he is on my bed! (When you see some of these pictures you will be able to tell what my set up was! It's pretty funny! ) Well, after that I just started snapping a bunch of pictures of them. When Garner woke up we had just taken Abby's pajamas off and I was about to dress her, so when we started taking pictures I told Abby to put her tutu on. She did not object!

A good majority of the time, they were doing their own thing, which resulted in pictures like this...
By the way, do you like Garner's acrobatics? He is trying so hard to crawl! He pushes himself all the way up and just balances on his feet and hands. It's pretty impressive.

Angelo came home in the middle of all this and I somehow talked him into helping me move my operation and taking more pictures! We took a lot of pictures and I am really surprised how they came out.

We just let Abby do what she felt like doing! We decided to sit Garner up and see if he could stay up long enough to get a picture of him. And he did! He probably sat up by himself for at least 20 minutes! I couldn't believe it! This is a new achievement for him!


I wasn't too worried about the sheet being messed up. I just figured "one day we'll have photoshop and I'll try to fix it - I just want the pictures", but now I kind of like it the way it is. And there was light coming in from the window that bothered me at first, but I really don't mind it in any of the pictures.






They're kind of goofy and, had a been paying someone to take them, I might be thinking, "What?" But I love how they turned out. It's just them.

Some of the best ones are just random pictures that were almost taken by accident.







What beautiful little faces! The only problem is now I think we can take better pictures, so I am plotting where we can take the next ones!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh Jamie I love all the pictures!!! You did a great job!!! Love Abby in her tutu!!

Anonymous said...

Jamie these pictures turned out soooo good! I love the one of Abby in her tutu and the ones of garner and his big eyes!!!they are so big!!OOO there is a website called picnik.com that you lets you "photoshop" the pics it lots of fun you can turn photos black and white,sephia,and do alot with it check it out i love it and love ya'll!!

Kelley Hartley said...

They are great! I love them all. It doesn't hurt that your kids are so darn cute to begin with! Love you!

Ashley Jones said...

The pictures turned out so good! I can't believe how big they're noth getting! Unreal! The both precious! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

in the bed, little white cotton panties, knees up, pull her panties aside, grease her bum hole and just enough in her she feels me cum in her